• A distinctive aspect of the landscaping design will be the lush tropical
vegetation and water features throughout the grounds and gardens.
• The plaza and access road will consist of an iron reinforced concrete slab,
finished with a French cobblestone patterned resin surface.
• The gardens will feature two types of exterior lighting: low pedestrian lighting
along the plaza and access road with high intense beam projectors to light
and enhance the house and the tall vegetation.
• The gardens will be automatically watered in sections with a sprinkler and/or
• The entire development should have its own water well to provide the
necessary water for irrigation of the three properties.
• The outdoor swimming pool will have an infinity design to take advantage of
the sea view and will be finished with an Italian glass mosaic.
• The external sun terraces will be finished with a mix of resin wood decking
and the same light cream marble (or ceramic) as the exterior terraces of the
• A pool house is planned to allocate external bathrooms and shower which
will also include an outside dining and lounge bar/barbecue area.
• All the properties will be fully fenced and will be accessed only by automatic
vehicle entrance gates and pedestrian gates which will be connected to the
security server of Star Protec – located in El Madroñal.
• Each property will be surrounded by perimeter security surveillance cameras
also connected to the security server.
• All retaining walls will be constructed using massive stone blocks from
Casares to evoke a natural look.
All items described in these specifications are intended solely as a guide and are subject to modification.
© EL MADROÑAL RESIDENCE 2017
• Underground Floor and Foundations of the house made of a massive 50
centimeter thick iron reinforced concrete slab and basement walls are made
from a 30 centimeter thick concrete, reinforced with iron.
• Ground and Upper Floors constructed from two-way lightened iron reinforced
concrete slabs, sustained by 30 x 30 iron reinforced concrete columns.
• Inclined Roofs made of a 25 centimeter thick concrete slabs, reinforced with
iron on Signature Residences.
• Flat Roofs made of a 25 centimeter thick concrete slabs, reinforced with iron
on Contemporary Residences.
• The 35 centimeter thick External Cavity Walls made of, from outside to inside:
firstly a 12 centimeter thick solid brick external wall rendered from inside and
then, on top, a five centimeter Polyurethane Foam Insulation and finally with
an inner second 10 centimeter double hollow brick wall.
• For Sound-Proof walls two layers of eight centimeter double hollow brick
walls partitioned by a Sound Proof Insulation Material from DANOSA or
• All interior Partition walls will have a finished look of 15 centimeter and will
be made of an 11 centimeter triple hollow brick.
• All Underground Basement (Signature Residence only) Concrete Walls will be
supplemented, first by an insulating film and then by a second layer of brick
wall made of an eight centimeter double hollow brick, for proper insulation
against condensation and to be able to introduce all installation pipes to
serve the basement rooms.
• Inclined Roofs will be first waterproofed with a reinforced asphalt sheet and
then fully protected by a layer of concrete and, finally, heat insulated with a
five centimeter polyurethane foam insulation. The inclined roofs will be
finished with two layers of recuperated Arabic tiles.
• The flat roofs, on the other hand, will be first waterproofed with two layers of
reinforced asphalt sheets and then protected by a layer of concrete and,
finally, heat insulated with a five centimeter polyurethane foam insulation.
• The flat roofs will be finished with a porcelain tile to make them easy to
maintain. All flat roofs will have at least two water drainage points.
• All exterior aluminum sliding doors and windows manufactured in Germany
built to the highest European quality specification. Windows and doors are
double glazed finished in powder coated Aluminum.
• All big patio sliding doors will have the German Elevation System to ease
• All exterior windows and doors will be double glazed with a neutral middle
chamber to improve energy efficiency. The interior glass pane will be a
reinforced double-glazed and the outside glass will have a UV layer of
protection to avoid discolorations of furniture, carpets and fabrics and reduce
heat in the summer.
• All aluminum sun roofs will have a similar profile and glass installation as the
• All exterior wood doors, including the entrance door, will be double faced.
They will have a three point security locking system and will be additionally
reinforced with a metal frame.
• The exterior face will be of solid wood and will be treated with Sikkens' four
phase open pore water based Lasur treatment in any chosen colour. The
interior face will be either be finished in a matte three coat lacquered color or
in a wood interior varnish to match the interior doors.
• All wood structures, will be specially manufactured by licensed Sikkens
Treatment Carpenter companies in specially laminated pine wood, treated
with Sikkens' patented four phase open pore water based Lasur treatment in
any chosen colour.
• All wood structures (pergolas) will be covered with a Sikkens treated wood 2,5
centimetre x 2,5 centimetre trellis type roof to provide shade in the summer
and filtered light in the winter. To prevent against rain, it will be covered with
a six millimeter plus six millimeter matte safety glass.
• All interior doors will be at least 2,40 meters high and five centimeters thick.
All doors will be finished with a three coat matte lacquered color or wood
• The wardrobes will be floor-to-ceiling and completely built-in. The wardrobe
doors will include either the sliding or standard open mechanism. The inside
of the wardrobes will be lined with a textured finish and will be fully
compartmented to be minimalist in design but practical for use.
• All bathroom sink basins will include a wood cupboard underneath with two
big drawers to hide electric sockets and grooming accessories.
• The first element of all the floors is the floating slab that allows for the
optional installation of the patented water pipes to provide under floor
heating throughout the whole house except in bath, where the same floating
slab will permit electric under floor heating via electric cabling or electric
• All of the floors inside the house will be fashioned from semi-antique honed
finish 60 x 60 light cream marble pieces with corresponding, flush with the
wall, modern 10 centimeter marble skirting.
An optional 75 x 75 ceramic tile will be offered for a more
A final option of wide plank wood will be offered.
• Exterior terraces offered with corresponding tiles to match interiors.
• Garage and service areas will be tiled with large high quality, stain resistant
• All stairs will be finished with whole pieces of the same light cream marble
but in three centimeter thicknesses. The stairs treads and risers will look as
though they have been fused into one piece, so that when you look at the
stairs it looks like it was carved from one massive, 10 centimeter thick slab of
• All walls will be rendered and then finished in 2 coats of washable acrylic
• All ceilings in the house will feature false Plaster Ceilings to facilitate
installations during construction and in the future when the new owner
decides to include any other installations. All Plaster Ceilings will be finished
flush against the walls with a 4 x 4 centimeter recessed molding. All ceilings
will be painted with two coats of washable acrylic paint.
• All Bathrooms will have silent duct ventilation reinforced by mechanical
extractors connected to movement sensors and with delayed stop
• Bathroom finishes are to be determined by the client in consultation with a
design consultant. Options include wall tiles or an option for high quality
contemporary ceramic tile by Porcelanosa or similar brand. Other walls in the
bathrooms will be rendered in fine stucco finish to be painted with a
washable acrylic paint.
• Suspended toilets and bidets by the German brands Duravit with built-in
• Ceramic recessed white Duravit Wash-basins under three centimeter
MarbleVanity Top. To cover the front of the ceramic wash-basin the vanity top
will have a 15 centimeter marble covered edged at a 45 degree angle to offer
the sense that it is one large slab of stone. On top, against the wall with an
aluminum frame, the mirror is slightly separated from the wall to avoid
condensation. Beneath, a wooden cupboard hides bathroom accessories.
• All bathrooms will have a modern acrylic bathtub. Bathroom options include
a standalone bathtub or a bathtub recessed into a dual aspect window.
• All taps will be modern chrome fittings. Samples are on display in the El
Madroñal Residence showroom.
• The shower floors will be made from one piece of non-slip marble and will be
mounted flush with the bathroom floor. All enclosures, where there are no
walls, will consist of 10 millimeter thick Security Glass with corresponding
• Fine plaster finish on all kitchen and laundry area walls and painted with
washable acrylic paint.
• The kitchen table top will be of granite, Silestone, Corian or a similar stain
and heat resistant material.
• All walls between kitchen table top and upper cabinets will be finished with
the same granite or a similar material.
• The kitchen floors and skirting will be made from the same cream 60 x 60
centimeter marble as the rest of the house.
• False ceiling similar to the rest of the house with similar led lighting fixtures.
• Kitchens are fully fitted with quality lacquered cabinets with the following
▪ 90 centimetre wide induction cooking plate.
▪ 90 centimetre stainless steel extractor.
▪ 90 centimetre wide electric oven.
▪ Microwave oven.
▪ Vapour cooker oven.
▪ Coffee machine.
▪ Wine cooler.
▪ Refrigerator with combination freezer (American type).
▪ Sink recessed into top, with draining board engraved into kitchen top.
▪ Granite, Silestone or Corian kitchen top, with three centimetre moulded
▪ Laundry area: washing machine and dryer built in with cabinets and
top to match rest of kitchen furniture.
• German modern style GIRA Brand mechanisms (or similar) for switches and
sockets outlets in matte white.
• TV and telephone sockets in kitchen, lounge areas and bedrooms, satellite
dish, and wiring for ADSL line.
• Modern stainless steel up and down wall lights for outside wall lighting.
• All throughout the houses’ false ceilings, there will be 8W warm led lamps
which will be installed in modern recesses, flush with the false plaster ceiling.
• All lighting has been designed to minimize the exposure to the source of light.
• Alarm with infrared detectors throughout the dwelling, connected to the
security main switchboard in the house, controlled from the master bedroom
and the entrance hall and connected to an outside security company of the
• Installation of Internal Data Network and Wi-Fi wireless connection.
• Installation in each property of connections for a satellite dish, so that the
eventual owner can connect himself to whatever satellite system he requires.
• Installation of a Control4 home automation system for light control, under
floor heating, air conditioning and burglar alarm, humidity detection alarm in
wet areas and fire detection alarm in fire prone areas. This system will be able
to undertake other tasks but they will have to be defined and additional
services are to be paid for by the owner.
• Installation of a Sonos sound system.
• The house will have an electronic color video security system connected to
the entrance gate with receiver monitors in the Entrance Hall and Master
• All of the rooms will be individually controlled by thermostats and cooled by
individual silent air/water Fan Coil Units (air handling units) in suspended
ceilings together with an Outside Heat Pump Unit by DAIKIN ALTHERMA
• All air conditioning ducts used will be the patented Climaver, that consist of
black sound absorbent material, covered with an aluminum film material.
• Under floor heating in the bathrooms, kitchen and master bedroom using
electric thermal carbon mat.
OPTIONAL WATERBASED UNDERFLOOR HEATING SYSTEM THROUGHOUT USING WIRSBO UNDERFLOOR HEATING PIPES & INVIDUAL THERMOSTATIC CONTROLS.
• All houses will be provided with a 10.000 litre water storage tank, with
individual pressure pumps for drinking water for the household and irrigation
water for the garden.
• All Polyethylene domestic hot and cold water supply pipes will be fully
protected with Armaflex or similar standard insulating pipe fitting.
• All PVC sewage and rainwater pipe that runs through the house, will be fully
• The hot water for each house will generally be supplied by a 500 litre electric
water storage heater with an additional free energy supplied by the patented
DAIKIN ALTHERMA SYSTEM.
• All Air Renewal will be effected according to the Building Specification
Standards with Air Inlets where necessary and Air Extraction through the roof
ventilation shunts provided.
• Quality specifications are intended as a guide and may be subject to change.
Quality specifications are intended as a guide and may be subject to change.